Commentary and Analysis

Latest Breaking News

Latest Videos

Your Ad Here

Kedah PKR assemblymen: I was threatened with KIDNAP by BN - malaysiakini

Malaysiakini's report:

Amid the political turmoil in Perak, a PKR elected representative in Kedah has filed a police report claiming among others that there was an attempt to kidnap him.

MCPX

Arumugam VengatarakooBukit Selambau assemblyperson V Arumugam also claimed that he and his officers have received numerous threats.

"All of this is being done in order to force me to leave PKR and move to Barisan Nasional," alleged the state exco in a statement today.

Arumugam had filed the police report at the Sungai Petani district police headquarters this afternoon.

Apart from the alleged 'kidnap' attempt last November, the assemblyperson claimed that he had also received threats via the telephone.

'Windscreen smashed'

"On Dec 12, there was an incident where the windscreen of the official exco car (Proton Perdana) was smashed and there was a note containing a threat which was tied to a brick.

"A few days ago, several individuals had approached me with lucrative offers in order to coax me into leaving PKR," he said.

According to Arumugam, the latest incident involving two PKR assemblypersons in Perak had motivated him to make this matter public.

"I am worried that if I do not come forward, then the safety of my family would continue to be threatened.

"I also call on the police to investigate all my police reports since March 2008 and take the necessary action," he added.

Kedah - which was an Umno stronghold fell - into the hands of Pakatan Rakyat following the March 8 general election - malaysiakini.com

0 comments: